Monday, January 3, 2011

A True Tree Getaway

When we were kids and wanted to escape, we ran away to a treehouse we had crafted in our neighbor's yard.  Armed with Hershey's chocolate bars, a lukewarm Coca-Cola, slingshot and a Hardy Boys novel, I claimed I could have stayed there forever.

Now grown up, that treehouse looks so tiny and uncomfortable for the long-haul stay that I can't believe I made it as long as I did holed up in there all of those years ago...

Ok, so now I have found my answer to capturing that magic again!  Brian and Shar Scott in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, have built it for me.  Not sure if they meant it to be specifically for ME, but like Peter Pan, I don't want to grow up.

You can find Brian and Shar Scott at the American Country Bed and Breakfast, 705 Zircon Lane, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814 and www.americancountrybedandbreakfast.com

Give them a jingle at 877-664-9650 or shoot them a "TreeMail" at info@americancountrybedandbreakfast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment